Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Me, a runner....?

No, I am not, but I am trying to be!!!

View Image

I have started the Couch to 5K running program...see this link...

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/index.shtml

I learned about the program from Michelle over at http://www.sangriasisters.com/

She is one awesome chick! 

So far, I am loving the running plan.  The first week has been relatively easy for me, I think because my trainer used to have me do that same thing...running in intervals.  It consisted of three 20 minute walk/runs (walk for 90 seconds, run 60; alternating for a total of 20 minutes).  This week is the second week...Let's see how that goes.  Running does something for my stress that I just love.  It can be hard to get through sometimes, mentally....but I do alright.  I am no where near being ready for any type of long distance running, but someday...I will be!

Anyhoo...

Today is my official weigh in day.  I have to admit, I have had some bumps in the road over the past month. Chocolate is my drug of choice...and well I need rehab.  I did not over do it, but I did have a gigantic chocolate cupcake on my birthday...and little pieces here and there.  I have managed to stay under calorie goal every day except for one...and actually most days I am TOO far under.  I need to be getting about 2030 a day, but I usually am between 1500 and 1700.  Sigh.  Even at two years out, I have those days where I just want to eat all the time and I have those days where I couldn't care less about eating...Lately...its been the latter.  I have been having to force myself to get the calories up there and I am still coming short.  Egh, it happens...this is a process!

So...for the results...I am a bit disappointed in this, but I am accepting it!  I know that my weight loss is going to be extremely slow now and I am okay with that...So long as its still loss and not gain!  

For my official monthly weigh in this morning... I woke up and weighed myself first thing, after my morning pee, having consumed nothing since dinner the previous night, butt naked (except for socks!) and....drum roll please....


231lbs!  That means 2lbs lost since my weigh in in January and a grand total of 181bs lost since April of 2009!!!  Still want to lose another 50lbs and I think I will be satisfied!  We shall see...

Alright, ya'll...I hate to be so short, but I gotta get going. 

Till next time....
Lots of love,

Autumn

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting C25K! I loved the program as well. Happy belated birthday. That cupcake sounds so YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete