Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oh so Yummy WLS friendly FRENCH TOAST!!!

This one makes me excited!  I love love love french toast, but traditional versions can be, eh, uh, well... not so WLS'er friendly. 

I have made this before, but never captured the process for my blog.  Last, night around dinner time I got a taste for it so I had breakfast for dinner!  Then, I had breakfast for breakfast again this morning!  I'm telling ya, its good stuff!

Ingredients:

2 slices Healthy Life high fiber bread (white or wheat, I used white this time) [NOTE: this bread is only 35 calories per slice!]
1 large egg (or the equivalent of an egg substitute)
1/4 cup 1% milk (or whatever kind you use)
Pumpkin pie spice
2 packets of no calorie sweetener
"butter" cooking spray
1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup


Preheat a skillet and spray it with the no calorie butter cooking spray.  In a small bow, wisk the egg and milk together.  Add one packet of sweetener.

One piece at a time, dip the bread into the egg/milk mixture and place it in the skillet...Sprinkle on some of the pumpkin pie seasoning to your liking!



Cook until golden brown on each side.  You can use the second packet of sweetener to sprinkle on the toast as it cooks, if you wish.  I am a sweets fanatic so I did, but this is optional~!

When it's done top it with one serving on sugar free maple syrup (1/8 cup per piece, 1/4 cup total) and ENJOY!

Seriously, this is HEAVEN on a plate! 

O-M- JEEEEBUUSSSS!  It is good, good, good.  I am dang near tempted to go make another batch!  But, once again the pouch is the boss and I couldn't even finish my dinner (that post is up next)!

Till next time...hope you try it, hope you like it!

Lots of Love,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment