Thursday, June 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Protein Puddin' Pops!

Hi, my name is Autumn and I am addicted to sweets, especially chocolate.  Badly.  And at a little over two years out, I can eat them.  Lots of them.  I still have some dumping symptoms, but not enough to stop me... So, the other day when I was browsing over at http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/ I stumbled across Nik's genius creation of protein puddin pops!  I, of course, immediately wanted to try them!  I am also addicted to peanut butter and I have been on a banana flavor kick lately, so here's what I did with Nik's idea...

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
2 ripe bananas
1 box sugar free jello brand banana cream pudding
2 heaping tbsps of peanut flour (I got mine at Trader Joe's)
2tbsps sugar free davinci banana flavored syrup
7 packets no calorie sweetener
1 scoop of vanilla (or unflavored) protein powder

You will also need your blender and a pop-sickle maker-thingy-ma-jigy....I got mine at Family Dollar for a buck!


Add all of the ingredients, in whatever order your heart desires, into the blender and mix it up well...

 


Pretty nifty little pop-sickle maker-thingy-ma-jigy, eh?

Pour the mixture into the molds, filling to just a teeny tiny bit below the top...


The mixture is THICK...very very THICK!



Once full, add the tops (or should I say bottoms?)...or how about sticks into each mold....!  LOL

All ready to go into the freezer....
If your freezer is organized (or lack there of) anything like mine is,
it may take a second to find a spot to put such a tricky little gadget...

I left mine in the freezer for a few hours before I went back to get one.  I was a bit disappointed b/c it turns out the "sticks" in my pop-sickle maker-thingy-ma-jigy don't really stick that well...guess that's what I get for buying it at the dollar store!  I'm cheap...I digress....!! 

So, I left them in the freezer a little while longer, probably another hour or so and when I went back....the sticks still weren't stuck!

Whats up with the lack of cooperation, you stinkin stick?!?! 


So, I had to take measures into my own hands!  I wasn't sure if it would work or not, but it did.  I just pulled out a handy-dandy butter knife and worked it around the edge of the puddin pop and wha-la, the peanut butter banana protein puddin pop popped right out!

Then, I stuck the stick in it and enjoyed!  They are so very creamy and sweet and peanut buttery and banana-y!  Def help curve my sweet tooth and got me some extra protein in!  WIN! 

Y'all gotta try this one.  The great thing about these...there are SO versatile!  You can literally use any combo of ingredients and flavors you want!!

Shout out to Nik for being a genius!!  Thanks, girl~!

Take THAT!  You non-sticking stick, you! 

Till next time...

Lots of Love,
Autumn


1 comment: