Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chicken Stew

This one I made a few weeks back, on 11/20. I wanted something warm and hearty and I had some chicken that needed to be used along with some other random odds and ends....thus, my chicken stew was born.

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
one large onion, chopped
4-6 small to medium potatoes, chopped
1/2 bag baby carrots
1 can tomato sauce
1 can red beans
1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1/2 can (hunts) garlic and herb spagetti sauce
1/2 jar mild salsa
1 can corn, drained
S & P to taste



Combine all ingredients into your crockpot.  Stir together well.  Cook on slow for about 8 hours, or until the taters are tender.  :-)



This dish, as random and thrown together as it was, was very delish!  It gave me exactly what I wanted....something hearty and warm.  I ate on it for over a week and still had some left that ended up getting pitched.  I hate to be wasteful, but that happens a lot since I am single and can only eat the same thing over and over for so long till I am sick of it!

This recipe is proof that you can just experiement and play with your food and still get something delicious from it!  I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination, but if I stay open minded, think logically, and just keep it simple...I often do pretty good in the kitchen! 

Till next time....

Lots of Love,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment