Thursday, February 3, 2011

Winter weather, flu, pizza, & chicken....It's been an interesting day!

I made my way out today...it wasn't easy.  Here in Indy we've just had one of the worst winter storms ever.  Ice and snow are every where, but mostly ICE...and it is effin COLD.  My driveway and the side streets are solid sheets of thick ice.  It ain't perty... I hadn't left the house since Tuesday morning and I spent about an hour chiseling the ice off my truck.  It was nuts.  I finally got thru it all and headed out.  I had to take my sister to work which is the only reason I left.  I'm recovering from the flu and learning very quickly that I can't push myself...cuz I will LOSE.  While I was out, I decided to run to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of things and to get my eyebrows threaded (cuz lawdy did they need it).  After that stop, I made a pit stop at the dollar store for dog food. Then, came back home, EXHAUSTED.  It was about 4:15 and I hadn't eaten since about 11:00, so I was hungry and needed to eat.


For whatever reason, since I've been sick I have had some weird cravings.  I say weird, not because the food is weird, but because the things I've been craving aren't normally things that I crave, ever.  The list includes french toast, sunny side up "fried" eggs (especially the eggs), tuna, and pizza.  Like I said, weird; but I have eaten a crap load of eggs and french toast (WLS friendly version, of course) this week, a few cans of tuna, and a couple doses of pizza. 


Anyway, moving on...when I got home I was super tired and pretty hungry (did I already say that?). I wanted something quick and was again craving pizza.  I also thought some grilled chicken sounded good and ta-da....this lunch was created!  Super quick, super yummy, & packed with protein!

Most of us have our own versions of mini-pizzas, nothing really new or fancy about this one...Mini Cheese Pizza:
1- Healthy Life Light Multi Grain English Muffin
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup shredded cheese


Preheat oven to 350.  While it's heating, place the English muffin (split in two) on a baking sheet and put it in the oven.  This will help get it crispy.  Once the oven in done pre-heating; take the English muffin out, divide the sauce and spread evenly on each half.  Then, divide cheese and sprinkle even amounts on each half.  Put back in the oven and bake for 7 minutes!  Yuuuum! 

Yeah, I know, I know....my pizza sheet is a bit um, used.  I need to get a new one...


While all that pizza action was taking place, I also grilled up that chicken breast on my Hamilton Beach grille.  Seasoned with S, P, and GP...grilled 8 minutes and wha-la!  Juicy, moist, and tasty chicken.

I followed the #1 rule and ate my protein first which rendered me unable to eat the second pizza half....eh, o'well...it happens.


Well, I think that sums it up. I'm gonna get some rest now...

Till next time...

Lots of love,
Autumn



No comments:

Post a Comment