Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another thank you

During my cardio at the gym tonight I had TONS of thoughts flying thru my head, as usual.  Sometimes its hard for me to keep up with myself! I was watching food network (love food network) and just kept thinking of so many things I want to blog about. More importantly, I thought of something that I should have mentioned in my "getting started" post, the part where I said my thank yous.  I owe a big fat juicy thank you to my trainers, but before I get to that, allow me to share some background about this... 

I was REALLY nervous to get started at the gym when I was fresh post-op.  I was the fat girl and going to the gym was not something I looked forward to b/c I knew I'd be judged.  But, I knew I had to go. I knew I had to have exercise as part of my plan to be successful now and long-term. So, I dragged my self to a gym about 4 miles or less from my house. I was nervous, but I did it & I joined that day.  A few days later I went back for my "free personal training session".  It was not a good experience.  The trainer that I saw answered his phone, I kid you not, probably 12 times or more in the hour I was in front of him for my "session".  He pretended to be interested, but he could not have cared less.  I was very turned off from that gym.  I did not go back. 

Instead, I decided to drive 17 miles away to another location.  That's where I met them. Marques and Steve.  They immediately made me feel welcomed and they did not judge me. Instead they listened and trained me and accepted me for me.  So, to you guys I say thank you.  You guys have been amazing to me and have helped me in my journey more than you will ever know.  Thank you for pushing me, even when I give you a hard time. Thank you for helping me realize my ability and my strength.  Thank you for helping me become stronger with each workout.  Thank you for not ever letting me give up.  Thank you for helping me keep the gym as such an important part of my life.  Thank you for making me feel so comfortable in the gym, something I never thought I'd be able to do. Thank you for not only being my incredibly talented trainers, but also my friends.  You guys are the best and I will forever appreciate everything you have done for me.  I still have a lot of work to do and I am so grateful to have you helping me in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment