Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pancakes, Sausage & Eggs!

The other day I mentioned that I had some yummy pancakes for breakfast.  Finally, I'll share! I bought a bag of the Atkins Baking Mix a few weeks back from http://www.netrition.com/.  Been kinda experimenting with it.  I tried to try to cookie recipe...that did not go well.  So, I almost gave up with the stuff that quick, but then I saw on Bariatric Foodie that Jen has been experimenting with it as well and Dee shared some of her pancakes with us... http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/12/bf-product-review-atkins-baking-mix.html.  So, I tried the pancakes as well.

The recipe on the baking mix bag calls:
                              - 1 cup of All Purpose Baking Mix (Atkins)
                              - 1 splenda packet (I like sweet, so I used 2)
                              - 2 teaspoons baking powder
                              - 1/4 teaspoon salt
                              - 1 cup half & half (I used 1% milk)
                              - 1 whole egg



Blend the dry ingredients in bowl.  Add egg and milk.  Whisk batter very well and let sit for 5 minutes.
Coat pan with cooking spray and pour batter into pan to make small pancakes like this...
Brown pancakes on each side until done.  Final Product will look like this...
The recipe makes a lot of batter. So, I just made these three pancakes (two of which are still in the fridge!) and saved the rest. I used it to make some pancake bites (inspired by Eggface) this morning--post coming soon on that!

I wanted to get some good protein in with my breakfast so I also made a sausage & egg scramble to go with my pancake.  I used the new Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles and one egg with a splash of milk.  I added a bit of shredded cheese and scrambled it all together in a pan. It was goooooooood!
 The sausage n' egg scramble cooking...
  My final breakfast plate looked like so...I topped the pancake with some sugar free maple syrup and snuggled up on the couch and enjoyed every single bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment