Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Protein Drinks, Shakes, Smoothies

For this post I am just gonna show ya'll some of the protein drinks I've enjoyed recently.  In the future I will document and photograph each protein drink and post individually. :-)

First, allow me to show you my protein drink ingredients collection.  I've got a pretty good stock of SF syrups, SF jello, SF pudding, spices, etc. These things all make protein drinks yummy and enjoyable.  Nik was so right when she said there is no excuse for drinking a nasty protein drink. Ever.

I get a lot of ideas from Nik and Jen over at Bariatric Foodie http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/ for protein.  Here are some examples of them:

This one in the red mug is Jen's Pumpkin Caramel Smoothie.  It is fricken delish! I warmed it up and it tasted like warm pumpkin pie.

The white mug is Nik's Hot Apple Pie a la mode protein cider.  Again, warm, smooth and crazy good.

The black mug is Peppermint Vanilla Click Latte.  I honestly can not remember if I got this from one of the blogs that I follow (http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/ or http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/) or if I created this one...I don't think I created it, but I can not find where I got it from. Either way it was good!

This one was me.  I was in the mood for strawberry and banana something...So, I threw this Super Strawberry Banana Smoothie together with 8 oz milk, 1 scoop strawberry protein, 1/2 tsp SF jello powder, 1 tbsp SF banana pudding powder, 1 tbsp SF strawberry syrup, 1 tbsp SF banana syrup, 3 ice cubes.  Put everything in the blender and whiz away.  About 2-3 minutes I'd say. Top with SF, FF whippage and SF banana syrup.  Good!

This one was inspired by Eggface, but I changed up some of the ingredients and made it my own Warm Banana Bread Protein Smoothie...this one was quite possibly my most favorite, ever!  For my version I used: 8 oz milk
1 scoop vanilla protein
1 tbsp SF banana pudding powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 medium banana
2-3 ice cubes
dash of nutmeg
dash of ground cloves
2 tbsp SF banana syrup

Put everything in the blender and whiz together, about 3 minutes.  Transfer to the mug and nuke for 60 seconds.  Top with whippage and enjoy~! I'm tellin you it was so good.  It literally tasted like a warm slice of banana bread fresh from the oven.  Next time I think I will top it with some chopped walnuts!

Wha-la!  Have I mentioned how GOOD this one was....?  Mmmm-mmmm-mmmm!


Couple of notes:  I know, I know, I know....you are probably thinking what the heck is the point of using ice if you are just gonna warm it up, right?  Well, the ice helps make it thick and gives it a great texture. 

Ah, the blender.  Some bariatric programs are highly against using a blender to make protein drinks.  Mine certainly is.  Why? Because the blender creates a substantial amount of air in the drink and getting air in your pouch, especially as a newbee can SUCK.  The air can cause you pain and make you miserable. So, be cautious and use whatever method for making protein drinks that works best for you!  Using the blender doesn't bother my pouch in the least so I roll with it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi friends,

    This site is about protein drinks and shakes, a cup of it is good for our body. Thanks a lot.

    Protein Drinks

    ReplyDelete