Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Autumn's Italian Chicken

This is a recipe I've had for a while--I just kinda threw it together a few years back and it stuck. My little sister loves it and asked me to make some for dinner the other night.  There isn't much to it really.  Anyone can do it.  Recipe calls for:

Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders (amount depends on how much you want to make--I used about 2lbs for this batch b/c my sister wanted to take left overs home with her)
2 cans of diced Italian tomatoes (any brand will work, I used Walmart's great value brand)
2 cans of rotel style tomatoes
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 can water
S&P to taste
cooking spray

Spray glass baking dish with cooking spray.  Place chicken tenders into dish, sprinkle with S&P and stir around well.  Add all tomatoes and water.  Stir it all together.  This time, I did all of this the night before and let it all marinade for 24 hours.  You don't have to do that, but trust me, it made the chicken incredibly moist and the flavor was powerful~!

Whenever you're ready to make it, bake the chicken at 350 for 45 minutes.  Then,  without removing the chicken, crank the oven up to 425 and bake for 30 more minutes.  It is soooo good.  Cortney, my sister, took a huge bowl home and I still have a bowl left in the fridge for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment