Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Getting Started

Over the past few days, I've been working on putting things together to get my blog up and running. I've got a handful of recipes (with pics) to post.  Hoping to get those up as the week goes on. 

First, I've got some things  to say...!!

A big ole fat thank you to all of the people who have helped me in this journey...

-to Nik and Jen over at http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/. The two of them have helped me so much in my journey and are part of my inspiration to start my own blog.  Not to mention Shelly over at http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/.  Shelly's tips, advice, and creative recipes are incredible!  Thank you to each of you!!!

-to ALL of my friends and family.  There aren't many of you, but even still, I appreciate you all.  You have supported me and encouraged me and have always been there for me. When I first considered having the surgery done, I was extremely fearful to tell my family and my friends.  I didn't know if I would have support, but you guys never doubted my decision and you were there for me from day one.  You may never know how much that meant to me.  Some of my friends still don't know that I had the surgery done and finding out by this blog may surprise you...you may have assumed, but I may have never told you.  Well, now you know!  This is a HUGE part of my life and I am proud to now share it with everyone!

-Last, but certainly not least. A GYNOURMOUS thank you to my friends and support system thru St.Vincent Bariatric Center of Excellence, both at the center and in the support groups.  Thank you for all of your support, advice, tips, and listening.  All of you are a major factor in my journey and I look forward to continuing this journey with all of you in my corner!



With all of that said, this blog will be my own personal outlet for everything from A-Z.  I will use it to share ideas about food, recipes, working out, emotional struggles, mental struggles, and on and on and on.  I am really looking for this blog to help me continue on my journey and be successful with my weight loss.  Even after having RNY done and losing 170lbs, I have an immense fear every single day that I am going to fail at this; that I am going to gain all of my weight back and that I will never be able to beat my battle against obesity.  I DO NOT WANT to fail at this.  It is a battle every day for me to over come my weight and not let it beat me. 

The hardest part, I love food & I love to eat.  Food is comfort, food is good, food is my release; my escape.  It releases me from stress and anxiety and sadness and anger and everything in between.  It is usually the center of social gatherings with friends and family.  It is everywhere.  BUT.  A big, big, big BUT... Thankfully, I have learned a thing or two since starting my journey two years ago!! I have learned that I can still eat lots of great, super yummy and delicious food everyday!!!  I can eat things that are good and good for me & I can still lose weight & maintain my weight loss.  I have the ability to choose to make good choices in food and give myself better health and finally beat MY battle against obesity.  I can be creative in the kitchen and enjoy the fruits of my labor.  I have learned that I must be active.  Being active, being at the gym, and getting daily exercise has become a huge part of my life and it is a MUST to maintain my weight loss and continue to lose.  I have another 70 lbs to lose (yes, even having already lost 170lbs) and working out, along with eating right is a great big factor in that equation. 

So, in summary, I have learned that I have the tools and the knowledge and the support to beat this battle, lose weight, and be healthy and happy.  I know I will still have ups and downs, good moments and bad moments, struggle and success.  I am not perfect.  I am still learning how to make all of this work.  Now, thru this blog, I can share all of this with all of you.  Just because the things I post are going to be "bariatric friendly" doesn't mean that you have to have had surgery to follow this blog and/or use the information in it.  Everyone, bariatric patient or not, is welcome to use the info, try the recipes, share thoughts, opinions, feedback, etc.  I hope that all of you enjoy this blog and thank you for taking time to take a peek!

Lots of Luv,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment