Monday, January 17, 2011

Autumn's Banana Prune Cheesecake Protein Smoothie....

Eh, um, what?!?!?!  I know, I can only imagine what your thoughts are as you just read that title.  I know, cuz I had the same thoughts as I was putting this together in my head AND when I was actually putting it together.  You see, I am having some....um, issues with my digestive system and when that happens, I just dont feel good.  I get pain in my chest, pain in my stomach, I dont feel like eating and frankly, I just feel miserable.  You that feeling you get when you dump?  The feeling that you just wanna curl up in a fetal position ball and sleep? That's how I feel when this happens...I am not sure what causes it or why it happens, but it does, so I just deal with it as best as I can.

Anyhoo, so..., on the way home from ZUMBA I stopped at the store to get some prune juice and dried pitted prunes (wanted to get some real fresh prunes, but WM didn't have any).  I had a few of the dried prunes and a few sips of the juice, and then I realized that I didn't eat much today and since I slept in till 11:00, I didn't have my morning protein coffee...therefore, I haven't had much protein today.  All of that combined gave me this...

Ingredients
4 oz milk
4 oz Sunsweet light prune juice
1 tbsp SF cheesecake pudding powder
1/2 banana
2 packs calorie free sweetener
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 dried pitted prunes
1 tbsp davinci SF banana syrup
 Put it all in the blender:
 Whiz it together for about 2 minutes....
 Top with a squirt of whippage and enjoy!

Isn't that mug SO adorable?!?!?  I scored that at the Dollar Tree today!!!

I know it might seem crazy....but its actually pretty good. 

Here's to hoping my eh-hum, "system"  will benefit from this protein smoothie in more than one way!

Till next time...

Lots of love,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment