Saturday, January 1, 2011

Autumn's Chicken Salad

This chicken salad recipe is so simple and the end result is so good. 

Calls for:

3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (any flavor you like--this time I used garlic herb)--or you could use canned chicken or cut up some fresh BSCB and brown it up with S, P, and garlic powder until cooked thru if you don't want to use rotisserie)
3 roma tomatoes diced
3 heaping spoons of fat free mayo
3 heaping spoons of fat free sour cream
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp dill weed
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup real bacon bits (I didn't have any on hand so I skipped this, but it adds great flavor to the dish)

Looks sumthin like this:

Put shredded chicken in bowl and then add remaining ingredients, like this:

Stir everything together until the chicken is well coated and dish is creamy, like this:

Cover with saran wrap and put in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.  More than an hour is better. This is one of those dishes that the longer it sits, the better it gets.  I made mine yesterday and had some for lunch today when I woke up....at NOON!  Hey, this is the last weekend of my vacation...I am taking advantage while I can!!!

I served it up with some wheat crackers.  Quite delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment