Saturday, January 1, 2011

Iced Chocolate Kahlua Protein Coffee

Yes, you read that title correctly...protein coffee!  During the week, I use my coffee to get protein in everyday.  I am not a fan of the flavor of the vanilla protein powder, at all.  So, I mix a scoop of it with coffee and creamer in my blender bottle each morning and that gets me through until lunch time. 

Today, I was inspired by Nik's mudslide drink and still wanted my morning coffee, so this drink was born:

1 scoop protein powder, chocolate or vanilla will work--I used chocolate this time
8 oz cold coffee
4 oz milk
3 packets of calorie free sweetener
3 ice cubes
2 tbsp SF maxwell house mocha powder
5 tbsp SF davinci kahlua syrup

Add all ingredients to the blender and whiz away, about 2-3 minutes. Let it sit for a few minutes to get some of the air bubbles out.  Top with whippage and SF chocolate topping (I used smuckers).



No comments:

Post a Comment