Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Elvis Protein Shake

Just got home from water aerobics a little bit ago and headed straight to the kitchen to make a peanut butter banana protein shake that Shelly shared with us the other day.  She calls it the Elvis.  Check her version out at http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2011/01/elvis-shake.html.   When I read it, I knew I would be trying it~!  I don't really feel like eating anything right now, so I thought a good protein shake after a good aerobic session was just the ticket.  I changed a few things up in my version...

I used:
8 oz milk
1 scoop vanilla whey
1tbsp real bacon bits (that I blended with the shake--most of them did actually blend in, but a few didn't.  That was fine by me, I just chewed them up!)
2tbsp peanut flour (my first use of the stuff and I am in LOVE)!
2tbsp SF davinci peanut butter syrup
2tbsp SF davinci banana syrup
1tbsp SF banana pudding powder
3 packets of calorie free sweetener
4 ice cubes
Topping: whippage and bacon bits


Put everything except the ice into the blender.  Blend for 2 minutes.  Add the ice and blend for 2 more minutes.

Ta-da!!!  The Elvis...one of my new favorites!  It is SO good you guys! 
\
Thanks to Shelly for this crazy good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment