Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Autumn's Cheesy Chicken-n-Bacon Quesadilla

I am mentally, physically, and emotionally drained.  So, this one will be short (I think, lol), but had to share it with ya.  Did Zumba again after work and just wanted something quick and easy....this worked well.

But first, here's a look at my eats today (before the quesadilla that I am slowly devouring right now!)

My diligent efforts to eat within one hour of waking up gave me this for breakfast today...
 Just put one egg, a splash of milk, a bit of turkey sausage crumbles, and some shredded cheese in a bowl. Stir together well and nuke for 3 minutes!  Wha-la.  It was good...low carb and full of protein! Score! :-)

Of course I made my daily protein coffee... today it was chocolate and butter rum syrup.
 Put everything in your blender/shaker bottle, put the lid on and make sure it's on GOOD.  Cover with a dish cloth and shake that thang!  Because of the heat of the coffee, it builds pressure as it gets shaken and can, um, explode, for lack of a better term...!  Holding the dish cloth over it can help prevent any full explosion mishaps and will catch anything that might seep out as you shake! 

Protein Coffee lasts me until at least lunch time! Great way to have your coffee and some of your daily protein--you can not taste the protein powder, at all~!


So for my eats thru out the work day, I packed this:

left over green beans, last bit of broccoli salad, bowl of chili, wheat thins, think thin bar, and 2 bananas. All I ate was the nanas and the chili. I dont know why I pack so much stuff sometimes...yes, I do. I am gone all day everyday and it's better to be safe than sorry.  Atleast if I have healthy options with me, I wont be forced to stop and end up gettin sumthin that aint so great...

And finally, the cherry on top, so to speak.  This quesadilla.  I was driving home from Zumba and quite frankly didnt feel like eating.  But, I felt weak and knew I needed to....b/c I didnt have very many calories thru out the day today.  So, I thought to myself, what sounds good?  and BAM!  This idea was born...

Things you'll need: (what ever amount of each works for you!)
one wheat tortilla
pre-cooked chicken breast strips
taco seasoning
shredded cheese
bacon bits
salsa
butter flavored cooking spray

Pre-heat a large skillet on medium heat. Spray with butter flavored cooking spray and add chicken.  Brown until heated thru.
 Sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken, spray with butter spray and stir it all around. The taco seasoning will create kind of a paste on the chicken.
 Remove chicken from skillet.  Spray skillet again with butter flavored spray and add tortilla to the skillet. Let it brown for about 30-60 seconds.
 Sprinkle shredded cheese all around the tortilla and let it heat for another minute...the cheese will start to melt.
 Add chicken to one side of the tortilla, sprinkle on bacon and cook for 2 minutes...
 Add salsa...
 Then, fold the tortilla over and brown on each side for another 2 minutes...
 Your end result will look something like this...serve it with a little taco sauce for dipping, or FF sour cream, or whatever floats your boat!!!
It is GOOD ya'll~! :-)

 It is also VERY filling.  I've been eating on it for about an hour now...got about 3/4 of it down.  I'm working on the rest of it, slowly. :-)  If I had eaten more thru the day today, I doubt very much that I could finish it.  Then again, who knows...my pouch is VERY open minded...

Hope you like it!

Till next time...

Lots of love,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment