Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Fried" tilapia

Fish.  Simple, quick, good, versatile, and packed with protein! Seriously, you can not go wrong! One of my fav's is tilapia.  I make this dish often.  Not much to it, but it is oh so good.  I made it the other night, but didn't snap pictures as I went...sorry bout that.  But I did take one of the final plate and today I snapped one of the basic ingredients...well, most of em! :-)

For a single serving: (just multiply as needed)
1 frozen tilapia fillet, thawed
Fryin Magic seasoning (I get it at Kroger)
Vegetable oil cooking spray
Green beans with chopped onion and ham
I buy big ole' bags of fish and keep it in the freezer for those days when I need a quick dinner with lots of protein! This bag of tilapia fillets was about $11 bucks at Wal-Mart. :-)

Chop up a bit of onion and ham (however much you like) for one can of green beans.  Spray sauce pan with vegetable spray and saute the onions and ham for a few minutes, 3 at the most.  Then, pour green beans, juice included, and a pat of light butter (whatever brand you like) into the pan.  Crank the heat and boil away, for about 10 minutes or so.

While the beans are boiling, wet the thawed fish with cold water.  Coat it with the Fryin Magic seasoning.  Spray a non-stick frying skillet with vegetable oil cooking spray...coat it well.  Allow the pan to heat up (thus heating the spray oil). Place the fish in the heated skillet and "fry" on each side for about 5 minutes.  It browns very nicely and forms a great crust.  This is a quick, easy, yummy, and filling dinner...or lunch!

Protein packed goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment