Monday, January 10, 2011

ZUMBA!!!!...and other stuff..!

I went for my first class tonight at Gold's.  IT IS AWESOME!    Oh, I am telling you I am hooked!  It is now officially part of my weekly exercise, without a doubt!  I am going to go every Monday evening and every other Saturday morning...maybe even some Wednesday nights!  It is only $6 for an hour!  SO worth every penny!   

It was so much fun and I sweated my A*S off!  I worked every single muscle in my body!  It was really easy to catch onto the moves, even for someone like myself, who has ABSOLUTELY ZERO coordination!  I mean NONE!  So, I did give myself a couple of laughs, but I had fun and got a great workout in!  I cant wait till the next one!  In a one hour session you can burn anywhere from 500-1000 calories, according the Gena, the instructor!  :-)

On another note, today was the first day back to class.  I am in school pursuing my Master's Degree in Social Work.  It's going to be an interesting semester, to say the least.  I just have one class, well kinda.  Actually two of them, but one is for my practicum which I start this week.  I have to work about 16 hours per week at a practicum site that is not work based.  Both classes seem like they are going to be relatively easy (really hope I didn't just jinx myself!).  I still have to work full time on top of that, maintain my eating and exercise programs, keep up with my Bariatric support groups and activities, my dogs and cat, and my house.  Whew!  Let the fun begin...!

Today's eats were simple.  I am making a concentrated effort to eat within the first hour of being awake.  It is very important to do that because it starts your metabolism going for the day.  My pouch doesn't always appreciate that cuz like me, it ain't no morning person!  BUT, I'm gonna try to show my pouch who the boss is...LOL... (I laugh b/c all of us with a pouch know that we aint the boss of anything--the pouch is!).  So, as soon as I woke up I had a banana.  It went alright.  I had to take my time eating it, but I managed and the pouch wasn't too pissed!  The rest of the day was just little stuff: some of that yummy broccoli salad I shard with you the other day, a cheese stick, an Atkins Chocolate Chip Granola Protein bar, and two deviled eggs.  After Zumba I made a run to Wal-mart to pick up a few things.  I grabbed a box of Wheat Thins Fiber Blast.  My plan was to come home and eat a small bowl of chili, but once again I am just not really hungry.  I did try a few of the crackers and they're pretty good.  Now, I am enjoying an Elvis protein shake again!  It's good ya'll~!

Alright, well I think that's all for now.

Till next time...

Lots of Love,

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment